Monday, September 19, 2011

Recipe: Pepper and Zucchini Frittata

I don't make frittatas a lot but I'm a big fan of them.  You really can use almost anything in them, and its a great way to make breakfast for more than 2 people at one time.

This a version I created yesterday when I made breakfast for my Husband and I.



Pepper and Zucchini Frittata

1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup diced green pepper
1/2 cup dized zucchini
1/4 cup diced onion
2 eggs
6 egg whites
1 TBS fat free milk
salt & pepper to taste

Combine peppers, onions and zucchini in a skillet (sprayed with pam or ligth coated in oil) and sautee until veggies are soft.

In a seperate bowl whisk eggs, egg whites and milk with a whisk.

I used a cast iron pan which transfers form the stove top straight to the oven.  If your pan is not oven safe you're going to need to put the veggies in something that can go on the oven.  Allow them to coat the bottom on your pan/dish in a single layer and pour the gg mixture over the top.

Cook in a pre-heated 425 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.

Serves 2-4 people depending either on how hungry you are, and whether its a side or main dish.

This can very easily be adapted to differented taste buds, or depending on how many calories/points you want to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment