Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back In The Swing of Things

The last several months have been pretty stressful for my family.  My grandfather who I've been incredibly close with my entire life was diagnosed with cancer and lost his battle a few weeks ago.  The stress of that gave me even less incentive to worry about healthy eating, exercising, and my blog.

However I've realized I'm truly hurting myself with these new unhealthy habits I've developed and they have not helped me cope with the pain of watching someone you love suffer and die.  In fact all they've done is add to my own suffering as I've gone from a size 12 to an 18 in less than a year.

So I'm trying to get back into all of the healthy habits I had before, one of the most important ones being packing my own lunch to take everywhere I go instead of relying on fast food.

Today was the first bento style lunch I've made in a long while and it really was fun.  I used one of my pretty basic bentos, but one that I'd never used much.


It's got a flat shelf and a small compartment on the side.


Taking the little shelf off reveals the main compartment.


My bento had a ham roll-up on an olive oil and flax tortilla with some sliced pickles.  The top shelf holds sliced carrots and my little side compartment has a cutie clementine and some fruit kabobs made with fuji apple and kiwi.  Yummy!

My mom was also craving fruit today so I made her an all fruit snack for later.

1 comment: