Monday, May 28, 2012

Green Power Smoothie

I love fruits and vegetables, but sometimes it can be hard to get a lot of them in early in the morning - especially thr vegetables!

I'd seen green smoothies around the internet before but had always been a bit turned off.  Spinach in my fruit smoothie... I thought are you crazy?! 

I did think it was crazy too.  Until I tried it for myself and realized it's genius!  I tinkered around with it and the following is my favorite version.  It's sweet, fruity, tangy, creamy, filling, delicious and you absolutely cannot taste the spinach.  I promise!


Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
2 cups spinach
1/2 small banana, frozen
1/3 cup strawberries, frozen
1/3 cup pineapple, frozen
3-4 ice cubes


Place all ingredients in your blender.  I like to put my liquid on the bottom, then the spinach and all the frozen fruit and ice on top.


As a side note, if you don't have a high power blender like a vitamix or a ninja you may need to blend it a few seperate times.  I put my ninja on and blend it for about 2 minutes straight and it is the creamiest smoothie in the world.  If your blender isn't that strong though, you may want to blend it and then rest it a minute before blending it again so you don't burn out your motor.
Then just pour in a tall glass and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment