Thursday, September 22, 2011

Food Find: Two Degrees Food Bars

I will be the first to admit that despite my best intentions I don't always eat the healthiest I can.  Whether its because of time, convenience, money, or taste.  Sometimes though, we find foods that are not only easy and convenient but incredibly wholesome.  That's the case here, and not only are these food bars good for you, they're good for the world too.



I was lucky enough to be able to get a sampler box of the Two Degrees Food Bars in the mail, which my mom pickedup from onse of those websites that spotlights weekly or daily deals.  Initially we were thrown off by the cost (you all know I'm pretty frugal).  That is until I looked at exactly what the company stood for and how they're helping our world.

The bars come in three flavors...

The bars are all natural, gluten free, vegan and low sodium.  The ingredients are all sustainably sourced (and local when possible).  The wrappers are made from 100% recyclable polypropylene and our boxes are made from 100% recycled paperboard.

And I didnt mention one of the most amazing parts...for every single bar you buy, Two Degrees gives a hunger pack to a child in need.  Never before has eating delicious and wholesome food been so easy or done so much good both for yourself and for others.

The bars are made with quinoa, millet and chia.  If you've never tried chia before the first bite might be a little different because the seeds have a bit of crunch, however they're really delicious.  The bars are made with real fruit, wholesome grains and toasted nuts and seeds.

I was able to try the cherry almond and the chocolate peanut last night and from the first bite I was hooked.  The almond butter and cherries are sweet and satisyfying, and the chocolate peanut had just the right amount of decadence while still feeling healthy.  They're pretty soft from all the fruit, with a bit of substance and crunch from the nuts and seeds, as well as a decent amount of fiber from the grains.

The bars can now be found online, in all Whole Foods locations and at Select Retailers.

I can't say enough how yummy I think these bars are, and how amazing I think this company is.  Definitely give them a try if you've got the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment