Saturday, October 15, 2011

Adventures in Gluten Free Baking - Fruit & Nut Muffins

I took a shot at my first batch of gluten free goodies today and they came out great!

Gluten Free Fruit & Nut Muffins

1 1/4 cup Pamelas Gluten Free Baking Mix (I'm sure you could use another brand or even adapt this using non-gluten free baking mix if you want, but I haven't tried that myself)
1/4 cup Organic Light Brown Sugar
2 TBS Organic Ground flax
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
1 large egg
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in large baking bowl.


I used one of those nifty BabyCake Cupcake Makers so it made 12 small muffins that baked in about 8 - 10 minutes.  Definitely keep an eye on them though because they can burn quickly.





I definitely suggest trying these muffins!  They're nutty, dense and not too sweet.  Yummy for anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment