Monday, January 30, 2012

Planning for Success

One thing I've been working really hard on this week has been realizing that eating soemthing that was unplanned (or high calorie, etc..) does not mean I should continue to eat things like that.  Every good eating decision I make will help me.

So earlier in the week when I went grocery shopping around dinner time and was starving and ate two servings of chocolate covered raisins I didn't say "screw it" and eat something junky like I have been the last few months.  I came home and made super lean hamburgers with broccoli and it was delicious.

I'm re-learning that its ok to strumble with eating if you pick yourself back up.  It feels very good.

I'm also attempting to be more organized about dinner time.  When I was in school I was one of the most organized and planned person on campus.  Oddly enough that has not translated into my cooking and I tend to go "What are we eating today?" around lunch time.

Obviously that does not work well.

Instead, here is what I'm working on this morning (with my coffee in hand of course).  Granted so far I only know what I'm making tonight but it's a start.


Does anyone do any kind of meal planning?  do you do it a few days at a time or the entire week in one go?

No comments:

Post a Comment