Whether you’re looking to cut out gluten, refined sugars or lower your calories, or because you just want something yummy and healthy for breakfast.
I’d seen recipes for oatmeal pancakes but none of them came out good so I set out to create my own, that would be as packed with flavor as it was with nutrition and I think I did just that!
I’m calling this my…..
Oatmeal Banana Power Pancakes
2 egg whites
1/2 banana, smashed
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
2 tsps. raw hemp seeds
2 tsps. ground flax
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
6 drops liquid stevia
1. In a small bowl combine all dry ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl mash the banana very well. Add in liquid stevia and vanilla. Add in egg whites.
3. Combine all wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Allow the mixture to rest for 10 minutes.
4. In a large skillet form 3-4 small pancakes. Cook about 2-3 minutes until they easily move about and then flip. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes. These taste better slightly over done as opposed to underdone because of the banana and egg. Make sure to coat the pan lightly first so they do not stick.
5. Serve and enjoy!
* Another substitute I’ve made if you don’t have hemp seeds is to omit them and use a full TBS of ground flax and it taste just as delicious.
* If you want this recipe to be gluten free make sure you use gluten free oats.