Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Food Find - Crunchy Carob Rise Bar

I love the convenience and portability of protein bars for times when hunger strikes and there is nothing you can or want to eat.

What I don't like however if the chalky taste a lot of them have from the added protein.

Then a few days ago I stumbled across this protein bar at Sprouts and it was amazing.


So far the only flavor I tried was the Crunchy Carob but my mom and I both loved it!  If you've never tried carob you're definitely missing out.  It reminds you of chocolate but is nuttier and less sweet (and contains no caffeine!)

This bar was sort of chewy and dense.  It reminded me of these delicious carob energy nuggets that Whole Foods sells (which are a bit pricey) .

These bars are free of: Gluten, Preservatives, GMOs, Soy, Peanuts + Kosher

They're also pretty light on ingredients.... Almonds, Agave Carob, Powder Whey Protein Isolate, Crisp Rice.

The nutritional Stats are as follows....

Calories - 260
Fat - 15 grams
Carbs - 22 grams
Fiber - 5 grams
Protein - 17 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment