Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Food Find - Special K Protein Plus

I have a confession.  I am a cereal addict.  Healthy, sugar filled, whole wheat, gluten free…I love them all.

I’ve even been caught walking down the cereal aisle “just to look”.  The problem of course is that even healthy cereals don’t always have a lot of staying power, and its very easy to eat more than one serving.  So I usually have to abstain.

I recently picked up a box of Special K Protein Plus Cereal though and was pretty excited by the stats!


Serving Size - 3/4 cup
Calories - 100
Fat - 3 grams
Fiber - 5 grams
Protein - 10 grams

Those are some pretty good stats.  I'm definitely most satisfied by a combo of protein and fiber (the first of which most cereals lack).  

Today I'm enjoying my cereal with sliced bananas, some unsweetened almond milk and a bit of cinnamon.  Delicious! 

What is your favorite breakfast cereal?

No comments:

Post a Comment