Friday, February 24, 2012

A Work in Progress

So I started eating gluten again yesterday, and I feel fine.

Sometimes it feels like I'm constantly adjusting the things I think I should and should not eat, but I think its a delicate balance of trying to discover exactly what type of foods are right for my body and what makes me feel the best.

After over a week on gluten free I didn't notice a single thing (whereas my mom had immediate physical improvement within two days).  I don't really think I have a problem with wheat and gluten.  I think what I have a problem with is just overly processed foods (which I often eat too much of).  I feel best eating mostly fruits and vegetables and meats and cheese (rice and potatoes are fine too).  Even whole grain breads or cereals are fine.  The problem of course is when "I'm free to eat anything" I often choose to eat things that I know aren't good for me.

So I think for me what I need to work on isn't so much cutting out one specific food group, but working on bettering moderation and finding just the right balance for health and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment