Thursday, May 3, 2012

VitaCost

I'm pretty lucky to live in an area where I can get just about anything I need.  There is an abundance of natural and health food stores within about half an hour of me so I've never had a problem finding an ingredient for a recipe. 

What I have had a problem with, however, is affording certain ingredients.  So I'm definitely always on the lookout for great sales.  I got a score on organic hemp seeds (half off at whole foods a few weeks ago), I got a giant bag of organic ground flax at Costco for 1/4th the cost of the local health stores and back on black friday I got about 5 cans of chia seed free about rewards bucks at Walgreens.

Unfortunately certain products don't always have good deals.  In fact some products rarely go on sale and never have coupons.  That's where my love of Vitacost has come in.  They've got just about every ingredient you can think of (basic foods, specialty foods, foods for special diets and allergies, etc..).

The best part is new members get a 10 dollar rewards code for free!  (That's right, 10.00 off 10.00!).  You do have to pay shipping which is about 4.95.  However considering that their prices and accessibility are so good, even paying for shipping is sure to get you a bargain.  They also often run shipping specials if you're patient and wait.

On 4/24 they were running a shipping special for 2.44 cents shipping on any order.  Check out the bargain I got in the mail!


Igot a bottle of Vanilla Creme Stevia for just over 9 dollars (which is amazing since this product retails for 13.99 at Whole Foods).  I also picked up a package of gluten free gravy for just over a dollar and two samples of protein mix (with every order you can get TWO great samples for free).  I ended up getting all of that stuff for under 3.00 which is amazing! 

IThis is my referral link here (and above) so if you guys do place an order I'll get a 10.00 credit too. :)

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'm definitely going to check it out. I do have a lot of health and natural food stores close by, but sometimes I still can't find certain things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thats why I love vitacost. I've gotten several shipments from them and have always been really pleased! My mom has ordered from them too and was really happy.

      Delete